About Me

My photo
Andrew was born and grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa. He worked as an illustrator for three years before moving first to Taiwan and then to England. His brother gave him his first lesson on how to draw a crocodile when he was about 6 and he has continued drawering ever since. He has self published one childrens book and appeared in Volume I & 2 of the South African publication SKYVE. To see more of Andrews work, please visit his portfolio at http://www.behance.net/andrewjameshofmeyr

Saturday, September 18, 2010

pull

Pull
Long sigh put smoke in my I
so eye blinked tears down the blind-side of tomorrows
dreaming puddles of rubble
that rippled an ocean of troubles
pull
Ten thousand elastic waves
lung-sickness and stubble
carried my tesco shopping in the bags beneath my eyes
while gearboxes grind by my window
exhale
and rusted nails from yesterday
make mansions in my imagination
and I'm walking on the halos
of poets and idea benders
breathing all of my life
today

No comments: